Greetings! Everyone loves a good chicken salad wrap; or, is that just me? Chicken salad is high in protein, rich in dietary fiber, full of fruit with a hint of veggies and fresh herbs. This screams delectable! Don’t doubt me. Here goes:
Yields 10-12 servings
*click through gallery above*
Time needed: ~40 minutes
You will need:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large eggs, boiled and chopped
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- 1 red apple, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 3 oz red onion, chopped
- 2 oz olive oil (reduced fat) mayo
- 2 oz fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 oz coconut oil spray
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp blackened old bay
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- broil chicken breasts (seasoning to taste) in oven on high for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through
- boil eggs in the meantime for 20 minutes
- shred (or dice) cooked chicken
- combine all ingredients, stirring evenly
- refrigerate for 3o minute
*serve in whole wheat wrap, over spinach, or with saltine crackers
- high in Niacin
- high in Selenium
- very high in Vitamin B6
- avocados are brain food! they are one of the sources of healthy fats as they assist your body with absorbing the nutrients that you should be consuming daily. There has to be a balance for effectiveness!
- Read more about the health benefits of avocado.
- rich in protein – our hair and nails are made of mostly protein!
- protein also improves our overall cognitive functioning to improve focus while helping us to not be so anxious and have depressing thoughts!
Paired with a fruit salad and a glass of lemon water, this is an example of what a typical lunch looks like for me. Try it & give me feedback!
NOTE: *wrap & spinach not included in nutrition facts*
Comment Below & Share!